Home  ~  How to get to the Church  ~  History  ~  Evangelical OutreachServing the Community About Us : Our Pastors - Church Choir
Pastorate Committee - Women Fellowship - Youth Fellowship - Lay Leaders - Cathedral Nursery School
Church Parish ~ Music ~ Events ~ Church for Children ~ Pastor writes~ Prayer Cell ~ Photo Gallery ~ Downloads
 
 

   Architecture  Paintings  ~  Dedication of the Church  ~  Gifts to the Church  ~  Organ  ~  H.A.N.Medd

 

 

The name of the Church was discussed in depth by theologians, Bishops and Archbishops. It was Edward Lutyens who suggested that the Church should be the Church of the city, a place for all sects and creed to meet. He suggested that it should be dedicated to and called the Church of God the Father as that would make sense to everyone - the Christians and the outsiders. Bishop Charles Gore of Oxford added that for Indians and most English people the notion of redemption, salvation and meditation was the greatest need of the hour. Lord Irwin in keeping with general feeling, suggested the title "The Church of Holy Redemption". On 25 November 1930 it was finally agreed to dedicate the Church as "The Church of the Redemption".

  

copyright The Cathedral Church of The Redemption, New Delhi. All rights reserved.                                                                                              Acknowledgements