Cathedral Church of the Redemption India, a part of the Delhi
diocese of the Church of North India(CNI), has a membership of
over 600 communicant members from over 550 families.
The Church has been the hub around which families
have grown over generations. There are families in this parish
that trace back three generations, who have been married, baptised,
confirmed and laid to rest in this Church.
Weddings @ The Cathedral
Church of the Redemption
The earliest recorded wedding at The Cathedral
Church of the Redemption was that of Adelbert Vere and Mina Monica
(a widow), which was solemnized by Chaplain T.H. Dixon on 20 October
Deaths and Funerals @ The Church of Redemption
The first service was held on 3 December 1922
at 8 am. It was a Holy Communion service by Chaplain T.H. Dixon.
The total number of communicant members was six and the collection
Rs 4. The first Christmas day service held the same year had 65
communicants and a total collection of Rs 70, 4 annas, 1 pice.
The first baptism, according to the records,
was of baby David Herbert, who was baptised by the Chaplain T.H.
Dixon on 4 March 1923.
The first funeral service of 64 year old Mary
Digoll took place on 27 November 1925. The service was conducted
by A.N. Till, the Chaplain of Delhi.
From early times the
parishioners have been buried at the Nicholson Cemetery,
near ISBT and later at the York Cemetery, Prithviraj Road and
the Brar Square Cemetery at Cantonment.